top of page

Energy; how it saved my life and gave me purpose for the pain.

When I trained with the Founder and President of ICRT, I could feel an immediate shift, the energy was MUCH deeper in its healing capacity so emence, words leave much to be desired. , It took the client much deeper then the precious Usui Reiki I was already a Master Teacher of.

I continued through the Advanced Reiki Techniques, Holy Fire II Reiki Master Teacher, and Holy Fire II Karuna Reiki Master Teacher, the highest level of training we have. 💗

My life has shifted in such an unbelievable way, I am not at all the same person that went to Hana, HI for three weeks to train in the rainforest.

That experience lead me on one of the most transformational processes of my life. A process of self-discovery, self-healing, and finding the strength and faith, I didn’t know I had.

Those who travel halfway around the world to HI are usually staying on a resort, and enjoying the finer things. They may drive “The Road to Hana” to say they’ve done it, but just as quickly as the Jeep’s role into Hana around 10 am, they roll out in time to make it back to Lahina before dark. I wasn’t one of those day trippers. I’d moved to Hana for three weeks to train with the Founder and President of The International Center for Reiki Training, William Lee Rand.

I arrived on Maui, HI on the afternoon of August 9th, 2018. I’d booked an Air B&B for the night in Pāʻia, sight unseen. I’d allowed my heart to decide. As I walked out of the terminal, my glasses fogged. Hearing the rain outside, and feeling the sticky humidity inside the open air baggage claim, seeing a vending machine with Lei’s, and sweaty, tired tourists trying to get their baggage to start their journey. I’d left at 3 am VA time, and had a connection in San Francisco. By the time I made it to Lahina, I’d been traveling for half a day through many time zones. As I walked past the Lei vending machine, my heart sank a little. I’d had that dream of being given a grand exciting island welcome with a Lei put upon my shoulders. NO such luck.

I managed to wrangle the two huge suitcases I’d had to bring for the three-week adventure and began wheeling them out to find the car rental agency. The puddles of water unavoidable, the sweat mixed with rain, and the feeling of not having slept creeping in. I’d been too excited to sleep. I had the journey of a lifetime to prepare for. Waiting in the LONG line at the Budget Rental center, it occurred to my naive mind that these people behind the counter in their Hawaiian shirts actually lived here. It was their job to help us crazy, rain-soaked, exhausted tourists get a car and start our grand Hawaiian vacation. I’d reserved the least expensive option, which happened to be a Dodge Charger. As I wheeled the two huge suitcases out, my heart sank. I looked at the Charger, and I just knew it was going to be super difficult for me. I’m a creature of habit, especially when it comes to driving. I drive an SUV, as I really need to see all the way in front of me. I was determined to not let a car dampen my already soaked outlook. I put the bags in, got in the car, and started it up. I sat there trying desperately to get the fog to get off the windows so I could actually see to drive. I backed out and drove around the building. Parked it. And went back in. I couldn’t see the front of the car. I had moved the seat all over, and nope. I knew that the road to Hana has many switchbacks and windy tight corners. And if I couldn’t see the front edge of the car, that wouldn’t work. I asked for help, and their idea of help was to put me in a JEEP COMPASS and charge me an extra $900. At least I could SEE the front of the car.

I got in the new car, and again with the fog. I just couldn’t figure that one out. Drove to Target to stock up on needs for the trip to Hana the next day. I then drove to Pāʻia town and found my home for the night. To my surprise, the host was a very kind young girl, who had a comfortable room ready for me. The smell of Tuberose filled the air, and I’d found my happiness and peace in that tiny little room. In Pāʻia town, she leaves her doors unlocked, and the front door OPEN. She could tell I was not the same. While I certainly don’t think everyone is out to harm others, I’ve had to learn to come from Atlanta, Miami, and DC, you can’t just leave it all out there and available either. She and another housemate who’d just arrived a couple of days before, when she packed all she could in her bags and left CA for a fresh start in HI went out with me for a lovely dinner of the best Fish Tacos, at Milagros Food Co. We walked down to the best market ever, Mana Foods and she bought more Tuberoses for $2 and some Tiramisu. I was excited for my journey the next morning. I download an app that guided you along the Road to Hana, and I was proud of myself for the journey I was about to embark on.

9 am. August 10th. I wake up, put my stuff back in my car and say my goodbyes. I took some pictures of the peaceful little Hawian home and made my way back to Mana Foods for a smoothie to start my day, and grab a couple of things I’d forgotten at Target the day before. Filled up with gas, and was on my way to Hana. I’d intentionally left later, because I didn’t want to be in traffic as the day trippers went out to Hana, I was about thirty minutes in when I had to make my first stop on the side of the road, where others had pulled over to do a hike to a waterfall, I pulled over to allow my stomach to settle. I sat there for about an hour, got up and walked around. I grounded my energy and meditated to keep myself from being sick. I’d always struggled with car sickness as a little girl, that’s why I don’t do car trips. I fly everywhere I can, to avoid as much driving as possible. Started back up along the road, which had no cell service whatsoever, even on America’s largest network, Verizon. I’d had to take several more breaks along the way. What should have taken 2-3 hours on the Hana Hwy. took me six. The winding of the road, even though I was driving myself made me so sick. I had to pull over constantly. When I saw one of many road side stands that talk of shaved ice and banana bread, which everyone has everywhere, I stopped and got some ginger candy for the rest of the trip, and a Tummy shot for the sickness as well. They know that the road is hard. That’s why they are prepared! The roadside stands are literally in someone’s yard.

Air conditioning is not a thing in Hana, but my first couple of nights I stayed in an Air B&B that had a window unit in the bedroom, which was AWESOME! Because of the length of my stay, I had three homes in Hana. I was so excited to stay at Hana Mana Farms in one of their Tiny Houses. It was a dream of mone to have a tiny house that I could hook onto a truck and pull wherever my heart took me one day. So, this was my grand chance to experience tiny living! I’d had the first set of classes, for Reiki 1 & 2. I’d been amazed at the energy changes and was so excited for what lay ahead. I moved from the place with the A/C in the bedroom, to my tiny home. Driving up, greeted by the cutest little white bunnies and what looks like a Swiss Family Robinson home in the trees where the owners live, as well as the two tiny homes and another one in the process of being built. Newlyweds were in the other tiny home, as was apparent from their car. There was no driveway, just a clearing in the jungle that resembled a path to drive down. I was thrilled by the beauty and the wild landscape. It was enchanting, and I was excited to be “roughing it” on my own terms….or so I thought.


6 views0 comments
bottom of page